Join our GLK Team!
Geneseo Late Knight is currently hiring Event Staff
for the 2014-2015 Academic Year!
Geneseo Late Knight Event Staff
Geneseo Late Knight (GLK) is regularly scheduled, quality late-night entertainment during some Thursdays from 6pm-11pm and the prime social times of 10pm-2am every Friday and Saturday. GLK provides opportunities for students to have fun, gain unique and exciting experiences in programming, leadership development, and responsible social interaction. Geneseo Late Knight offers a variety of programs, such as arts and crafts, live entertainment, recreational sports, movies, dances, and many other social events catering to the interests of a diverse student population. Geneseo Late Knight is supported in part by mandatory student activity fees.
The Late Knight event staff positions are designed for currently matriculated SUNY Geneseo students who display the aptitude and enthusiasm for Geneseo Late Knight Events. The successful candidates will demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with others. Applicants should be punctual, dedicated, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
Starting at $8.00/hour
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work hours consist of some Thursdays (6pm-11pm) and Friday and Saturday nights between 9PM and 2AM (may vary)
- Work in the College Union Corner Pocket during late knight hours
- Assist Coordinator with event preparation, execution, and clean-up
- Plan one (1) event per semester with other event staff
- Manage one (1) staff meeting per semester with other event staff
- Help vendors and Student Organizations with event needs
- weekly GLK event staff meetings
- fall & spring semester staff evaluations & trainings
- Leadership Symposium in August
Cover letter and resume can be submitted online. Application due by Wednesday, March 26, 2014.